Drone technology to meet societal challenges
Understand and apply drone technology to meet societal challenges
Learn to apply drone technology in your field of study. The possibilities are endless, and the development is rapid. Innovations and societal applications are continually evolving. A new European regulatory framework for unmanned aviation has gained legal force, affecting sectors such as transport, construction, logistics, infrastructure, forestry and agriculture. The certification categories are risk-based and the predicted use of unmanned aerial systems is expected to increase exponentially over the coming years.
During the course, you will receive theoretical training in aeronautical sciences and practical skills to plan and fly with unmanned aircrafts of different types and sizes to enable collection of data in relation to your academic field of study.
- The course involves lectures, workshops and practical exercises.
- Get access to the resources offered at Lund University’s unique testbed and our new drone laboratory at the Lund University School of Aviation (department at LTH), located in Ljungbyhed.
- The course content is well-rooted in ongoing research and international development.
Today, Lund University uses unmanned aircrafts during research in fields such as archaeology, nuclear physics, VR/AR, aerodynamics, robotics, acoustics, meteorology, natural geography and cultural geography, VR/AR, ecology/biology and the influence of human factors.
More information on how to apply for the course can be read on LTH Student website.
Facts in brief
- Course code: FLYF20
- Study pace: Part-time, 50%
- Location: Lund, Ljungbyhed
- Language: English
- Level: Advanced level